When: Friday October 23nd 2pm-4:30pm
Where: USC SCA Digital Collaboratory Annex, 2823 S. Flower Street
(entrance on 29th Street between Figueroa & Flower).
Announcing the (long-awaited) second meeting of the SCA Stereoscopic Imaging Research Group. This group is for anyone in the USC SCA community with an interest in any aspect of Stereoscopic 3D cinema, production and research, and this meeting is a chance to learn about and discuss our plans for a 3D curriculum, as well as a number of other current projects, proposals and opportunities.
Relevant topics and projects include:
- Stereoscopic cinema and animation.
- Stereoscopic imagemaking, photography and cinematography.
- Stereoscopic & binocular vision and depth perception.
- Stereoscopic aesthetics and design.
- Interactive and real-time stereoscopic applications and virtual environments.
- Dimensional imaging and display technologies and techniques.
- Stereoscopic pedagogy and curriculum.
- Historical, cultural and social aspects of stereoscopic imaging.
- Spatial media: strategies for the representation of space in visual media, both 3D and 2D.
We will be meeting monthly to discuss topics, projects and initiatives.